01 January 2015

New Year's

I LOVE New Year's. It's full of hope and promise. Such a fun time to reflect on the past year and to look forward to the future. We don't typically have a grand celebration, but rather a quiet one focused on new goals and themes for the year.  This year I have decided to make my yearly theme or motto for myself:  "forget yourself" I think this theme is going to carry me through this year with a new baby and growing family. I think that if I can truly forget myself and focus on serving I will find happiness in the mundane, hard, and frustrating times of motherhood. Forgetting myself will not only push me to be a better mother, but also a better wife, friend, and daughter of God. It will allow me to serve more diligently wherever I am needed.
We spent our day working on projects for our new home and lounging as a family. Jade had an extra fun time in "mama's tub" for bath time that night. It was a very nice start to 2015.  

No comments:

Post a Comment