15 June 2012

Kansas


On my way out to meet my husband for the summer my mom and I stopped to visit our family in Kansas.
We stayed at my grandparent's house {mom's parents} for five days & had such a lovely time.
I miss it. I wish we were still there.
We got to visit with my Great Grandma Betty almost everyday at her nursing home.  It was so good to see her. We know it meant a lot to her.
We looked through a bunch of Grandma Betty's possessions from the years like vintage cards, stamps, and pictures.
We also saw a lot of my cousin Emily and her darling family, along with Aunt Karen and cousin Stacia.
We enjoyed a nice memorial day BBQ and played lots of games the whole weekend.  I forgot how fun dominos can be.
Razz sure loved playing in grandma and grandpa's backyard. He is such an outside dog.
A highlight was definitely eating at Jose Pepper's. I crave it all the time.
But, what I enjoyed most of all was hanging with family. I wish we could see each other more often.
So grateful for this sweet little trip. We had such a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment