06 August 2012

{b}U{m}PDATE: 26 weeks


My feet were a little swollen after this day of walking in the hot, hot heat in New Orleans. 
I've noticed a couple times my feet have swollen after being on my feet all day.
Other than that they don't really swell. 

My nausea has flared up again. It never really went away but it has gotten worse this past week for some reason. I'll take it, as long as I'm not throwing up. 
I find that if I just make myself exercise despite how sick I feel I always feel better after and I tend to have a lot more energy too. 
My legs get more tired after jogging than usual. I'm sure it's the extra weight I'm lugging around.

I swear my bump fluctuates so much. Some days I feel big and then other days I feel like the bump disappears. Today I woke up and Tyler and I were both wondering where it had gone. 
I still haven't bought any maternity clothes. I don't know why it sounds like the worst thing ever to me. I can still wear my pants without unbuttoning or using a rubber band {even though it is slightly uncomfortable} so I think I'm just gonna wait it out till I absolutely have to. 

Towards the end of the week I noticed I began to feel a lot more tired than usual. 
I tend to go to bed earlier and sleep a little later. Every once in a while I'll take a nap. 

I've had some cramping through out the pregnancy, but this week they felt a little more frequent and stronger. The uterus must be growing some more. 

I am almost always thirsty. Water always tastes so good. 
I eat a lot of fruit these days. I love basically any fruit & it always makes for a good snack. 
I am really loving greek yogurt too.  Peach is my favorite. 

I am getting more and more anxious/excited for this babe these days. It's almost like it finally clicked in my brain that I am actually having a baby. I just can't wait!
People are always saying they don't understand how we can wait to find out the gender, but I don't know how everyone can spoil the surprise! It just makes it all that much more exciting for me. I love surprises & you really can't go wrong with this surprise. 
I am so thankful for the special gift of carrying a child. It has been such an adventure and I already can't contain my love for this baby. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, Whit- you look so good! Loving that shirt on you. No maternity clothes yet?? Get out of town. Loved reading your thoughts on pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete